Reflecting God's radiance through Love, Acceptance, Education and Community
Free Haven Community Initiative's mission is to build a safe, accepting, and loving environment, where vulnerable children in Livingstone, Zambia can come to receive education, individualized attention, life skills, nourishment, counseling, a spiritual foundation in Christ, and various other services that are instrumental to their future success - free of charge.
Land and Building Project
The most practical way to provide guaranteed long-term assistance to the community is for FHCI to purchase property in Zambia. The land we are currently trying to raise funds for is 5.2 hectares (12.9 acres) and has a three classroom school building already on the premises. Our long term goals include building numerous additional structures that will benefit the surrounding community.
These structures include:
- Additional classroom blocks to include preschool as well as expansion for the existing grades
- An outdoor kitchen and shelter for the children to eat under
- A playground for the children to be able to play
- A life skills training center to provide some of the older students with vocational skills
What We Do (Our Future Goals)
Free Haven Community Initiative's first goal is to purchase property in Zambia. Once this goal is met, we intend to:
- Educate vulnerable children from preschool through grade six
- Feed breakfast and lunch to the children attending school
- Open a life skills training center to provide older children with practical training and skills they need in order to obtain a job
- Begin a program to educate and assist teen girls who have limited options and education due to entering into arranged marriages in their youth
- Provide special classes for children with learning disabilities
- Begin producing and selling blocks to generate income for the school
- Boost the local economy by creating employment opportunities for Zambians
Determined to make a difference
By educating the children in an accepting and safe environment, our hope is that they will obtain the knowledge, values, and life skills needed to break free from the restraints of poverty and have a successful future.